The Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011 and in 2012–13 individual schools were allocated funding for children from low-income families who were eligible for free school meals, looked after children and those from families with parents in the Armed Forces.
You can view or download our Pupil Premium allocation and find out how this has been used at our school.
St Thomas More RC Primary School is allocated additional funding with the aim of improving the provision of PE and sport.
All pupils leaving St Thomas More will be physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport.
Our indicators of such improvement to include:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
- 100% Year 6 pupils able to swim 25m unaided
Free School Meals
If you think you may be eligible please download and fill in the form and return it to school. It is a simple checking procedure and any child/parent who is found to be eligible for free schools may also benefit from other financial help such as trip payments etc.
This information is treated with the utmost confidentiality and only relevant staff will be aware – the children are not treated any differently in any respect.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.