At St Thomas More RC Primary School we recognise that each individual member of our community is created in God’s image with unique talents and abilities. We nurture each person through loving relationships and rich daily experiences centred on the teachings of Christ. We believe that humanity is a gift that we receive through others and that our relationships unlock the unique potential in each person. As such, we affirm the dignity of each individual and our values underpin everything we do across our school, with and for each pupil and member of staff.
Our Mission Statement
At St Thomas More School, we love, learn and work together to be the best we can be, with God at the heart of everything we do.
LIVE FULLY – ACT JUSTLY
- To generate a community ethos in which all members grow in their relationship with God and develop spiritually, morally, mentally and physically, in an atmosphere permeated by the Gospel spirit of love and freedom, in order to bring meaning and direction to life and a sense of vocation,
- To promote educational excellence in order to give pupils the opportunity to acquire knowledge and skills relevant to their life today and in preparation for adult life and employment.
- To help children to understand the world in which we live and to develop the capacity to live fully and aspire highly as independent self-motivated adults, contributing to society in a just and enthusiastic way.
- To act with respect and dignity in recognition that every member of our diverse community is created in God’s image, ensuring that all are treated with fairness, justice and equity.
- To dispel inequality and pay special attention to those most in need.