Pupil Premium is allocated funding for children from low-income families who are eligible for free school meals, looked after children and those from families with parents in the Armed Forces.
You can view or download our Pupil Premium allocation and find out how this has been used at our school.
Children have experienced unprecedented disruption to their education as a result of coronavirus (COVID-19). Those from the most vulnerable and disadvantaged backgrounds are likely to be most affected. The aggregate impact of lost time in education may be substantial and it is imperative that “lost” learning is addressed quickly so that gaps are closed and progress is accelerated, so that pupil are quickly able to access their age related curriculum at the earliest opportunity. Universal catch up premium will be used to support those children who have identified gaps so that they can make accelerated progress. To view the whole strategy please click the links below:
St Thomas More RC Primary School is allocated additional funding with the aim of improving the provision of PE and sport.
All pupils leaving St Thomas More will be physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport.
Our indicators of such improvement to include:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
St Thomas More Sport Premium 2019-20 (Reviewed)
- 100% Year 6 pupils able to swim 25m unaided
- 100% Year 6 pupils who can use a range of strokes effectively
- 83% Year 6 pupils who can perform safe self rescue in different water based situations:
Free School Meals
If you think you may be eligible please download and fill in the form and return it to school. It is a simple checking procedure and any child/parent who is found to be eligible for free schools may also benefit from other financial help such as trip payments etc.
This information is treated with the utmost confidentiality and only relevant staff will be aware – the children are not treated any differently in any respect.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.